Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Jack Rebney for president

Sorry to all my international friends for the two latest posts in swedish. Last post was about a new swedish hip hop group,
De Gudsförgätna
, with no less then Jocke (vocalist in Warvictims) behind the mic. Check em up punx!

The one who knows me know that am
a total sucker for documentaries and yesterday I saw a really great one that
I would like to recommend.
WINNEBAGO MAN reveals the story of
Jack Rebney, an unlikely folk hero whose outrageously funny outbursts were caught on tape during the making of a Winnebago sales video in 1988. The outtakes reel mysteriously circulated on dubbed VHS tapes for years before turning into a full-blown Internet phenomenon on YouTube in 2005. Today, the “Winnebago Man” has been seen by more than 20 million people worldwide and is regarded as one of the first and funniest viral videos. Filmmaker Ben Steinbauer sets out on the seemingly impossible task of tracking down Rebney, who has been living a hermit-like existence on a mountain top, and until recently, had no idea that the outtakes even existed. Rebney turns out to be more intelligent, sharp-tongued and charismatic than anyone could have imagined—in short, he’s a star. WINNEBAGO MAN is a smart, funny and unexpectedly poignant tale of one man's response to unintended celebrity.

My girlfriend asked "is that some long gone relative of yours?", considering he's temper and patience. I wish. but I can actually see myself as Jack Rebneys in 15-20 years. Living in the woods all by myself cut off from society, modern technologyl and humans. Or who am I trying to fool, let's say 3-5 years from now.
See the trailer, buy the dvd or download it. You stupid fuck!


Finns på SVT play (Dox) tom 25/11.

2 comments:

DOX said...

Såg också den där dokumentärer på tv. Jag hade sett klippen på honom innan men den va bra.

johan said...

såg den idag, go gubbe.